Job Title: Full Time Project Coordinator
Supervisor: Executive Director
Salary: $35K – $45K, Commensurate with experience + Benefit Package
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Strawberry Mansion CDC (SMCDC) is a community- based nonprofit located in North Philadelphia. Established in 2004, our mission is to promote sustainable revitalization through residential, commercial and economic development, historic preservation and the empowerment of the Strawberry Mansion community. Through its neighborhood planning efforts, the SMCDC has partnered with the Philadelphia Commerce Department, Fairmount Conservancy, The University of Pennsylvania and Jefferson University to develop comprehensive neighborhood plans for residential and commercial corridors, repurposing vacant schools and industrial sites as well as plans for East Fairmount Park. To date, the SMCDC has represented the community in over 500 million dollars of public and private development. As development opportunities continue to surge, the SMCDC is committed to strengthening the community’s position by promoting change that is inclusive of neighborhood plans and resident needs.
Strawberry Mansion Community Development Corporation is hiring a Project Coordinator to grow and implement the Strawberry Mansion Historic Home Repair Program. They will engage and recruit residents; manage an outreach team; and develop and implement effective and sustainable practices working directly with community leaders, city and nonprofit agencies, and contractors to build and maintain relationships that are fundamental for the implementation of the project. He/she provides administrative support to ensure data and applications are tracked and kept up to date.
Reports to: Executive Director
- Develop a toolkit with resources, provide guidance, and tools to support project implementation
- Coordinate collaborative partners to provide program/project planning input and develop related-operational procedures to meet annual project goals.
- Serves as a liaison between project partners (homeowners, contractors, funders, etc.)
- Assist with event planning and execution
- Manage community engagement and outreach
- Supervise outreach team
- Collect, track, and deliver required documentation, data, and reports on a timely basis.
- Market the project to Strawberry Mansion residents and stakeholders
- Work cooperatively with the Executive Director and all project partners
- Commitment to SMCDC mission and values
- Project coordination and/or management experience preferred
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to analyze assignments, identify and address sub-tasks and multi-task
- Experience in housing development is preferred
- Knowledge of navigating city agencies and funding entities
- Demonstrated ability to meet community needs, problem solve and collaborate with others
- Competent in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher
- Community engagement and outreach experience is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Marketing (newsletters, social media, email, flier creation) skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work evenings and Saturdays when needed
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or mail to Strawberry Mansion CDC, 2829 W Diamond St, Philadelphia, PA 19121 no later than May 31, 2020. No phone calls please.
SMCDC IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
APPLICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT ARE CONSIDERED WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE OR DISABILITY.
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the Project Coordinator. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job. Management has the sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.